Chief Evaluation Office
Veteran Employment Services and Outcomes - Research Study Design
- The purpose of this contract is to develop a research study design that meets the legislative requirements of Section 502, Jeff Miller and Richard Blumenthal Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2016. The design will identify a rigorous approach to studying 3 groups of veterans over a five-year period of time: (1) veterans who received intensive services through an American Job Center, (2) veterans who did not receive intensive services but who otherwise received services at an American Job Center, and (3) veterans who neither sought nor received services at an American Job Center. For all of these individuals, the study design is expected to incorporate an extensive array of descriptive and outcome information.
- Document and synthesize relevant literature, existing documentation, and information from interviews with key Federal officials and experts on:
- Federally-funded employment-related programs available to veterans;
- The current evidence on these programs, particularly pertaining to the effectiveness of programs on veterans’ outcomes; and
- Related and relevant program and outcome data.
- Develop recommendations or options for an evaluation design approach that fully meets the study requirements.
Project Duration: 15 Months
Contract End Date: December 2018
Contractor: Abt Associates, with RAND and Capital Research Corporation.
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV