AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OFFICE OF DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
THE US BUSINESS LEADERSHIP NETWORK
The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and The US Business Leadership Network ® (USBLN) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to promote the employment of people with disabilities. ODEP and the USBLN hereby form an Alliance to provide USBLN members and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that will help them to recruit, hire, and advance workers with disabilities. In developing this Alliance, ODEP and the USBLN recognize that ODEP and USBLN members are an integral part of this national effort.
ODEP and the USBLN will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Provide expertise in developing information on the advancement of employment of people with disabilities and in communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and ODEP’s and the USBLN’s Web sites) to employers.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at ODEP or USBLN events.
- Collaborate with other Alliance participants on employer issues that are identified through the Alliance Program.
ODEP and USBLN will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Disseminate training and education materials to USBLN members on issues of concern in order to advance the recruitment and employment of job candidates with disabilities.
- Work with ODEP to disseminate and share effective disability employment practices and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees.
- Work with ODEP to provide expertise on key industry issues as they pertain to the employment of people with disabilities.
ODEP and the USBLN will work together to achieve the following technical assistance goals:
- Identify activities that demonstrate, evaluate or replicate model disability employment strategies.
- Identify employer specific issues of concern to which the Alliance should direct particular attention and resources.
- Promote ODEP-funded technical assistance services, such as the Job Accommodation Network and the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion.
ODEP and the USBLN will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on the employment and advancement of people with disabilities:
- Raise others’ awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to the advancement of employment for people with disabilities whenever USBLN leaders address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of employing people with disabilities and publicize their results.
- As appropriate, convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on employer leadership issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace on recruiting, hiring, retaining and promoting people with disabilities.
ODEP’s Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with ODEP for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on the employment of people with disabilities. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both ODEP and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, ODEP is not endorsing any products or services of that party; nor does the Alliance participant enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting particular products or services of any party.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. Team members will include representatives of ODEP’s Policy Teams, Education & Outreach Division, and any other appropriate offices.
The parties agree that any conference, seminar or related activity undertaken pursuant to this agreement will be memorialized in a separate agreement. In addition, any proposed jointly developed products, the use of the Department of Labor seal or agency logos, the use of registered trademark(s) and related designs of the USBLN, and/or Department of Labor or USBLN press releases/advertisements related to the Alliance, will require advance review and approval both by the Department and the USBLN.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate this agreement for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified in writing at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.
This agreement is not intended to legally bind the parties, nor is it intended to confer any right upon any private person.
Nothing in this agreement shall be interpreted as limiting, superseding or otherwise affecting either party’s normal operations or decisions in carrying out its statutory or regulatory duties. This agreement does not limit or restrict the parties from participating in similar activities or arrangements with other entities.
This agreement does not itself authorize the expenditure or reimbursement of any funds. Nothing in this agreement obligates the parties to expend appropriations or enter into any contract or other obligations.
Office of Disability
|Date||John D. Kemp
Executive Director & General Counsel,
US Business Leadership Network®