Find It! By Audience Homeless & Service Providers to the Homeless
On This Page
- News Releases
- DOL Programs to Serve the Homeless
- Government-wide Homeless Programs
Profiles of success in serving homeless veterans nationwide.
FirstStep is an easy-to-use, interactive tool for case managers, outreach workers, and others working with people who are homeless.
Our Mission: Helping Homeless Americans Find Jobs
The Department of Labor administers programs providing employment and training services that are crucial components in the comprehensive efforts to address the cycle of homelessness. The Department offers both mainstream and targeted employment-focused programs that help lead to self-sufficiency.
The DOL strategy focuses on helping homeless Americans who want to work or can become job-ready. DOL's objectives are to: 1) provide access to mainstream employment assistance and services, and 2) identify skill needs in today's workforce and address skill deficiencies of this population.
- Labor Secretary Announces $25.9 Million in Grants to Help More than 20,000 Veterans Find Jobs
- Labor Department Announces Winners of $15.6 Million for Youth Offender Projects
- Labor Department Announces $20 Million Grant Competition for President's Prisoner Reentry Initiative
- Department of Labor Awards Nearly $5 Million in Grants To Workforce Investment Boards to Partner With Faith-Based and Community Organizations
- National Farmworker Job Program Program Year 2005 Housing Assistance Awards (PDF)
- Secretary of Labor Announces $2 Million Grant to Train At-Risk Youth
DOL Programs to Serve the Homeless
Targeted Labor Programs
- Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Project
- Disability Program Navigator Initiative
- Ending Chronic Homelessness through Employment and Housing Projects
- Job Corps
- Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP)
- Interagency Council on Homelessness
- The White House
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Health and Human Services
Other Important Links