People Are Asking
- Job Corps: How do I find out more?
- Paychecks: How do I get my last one?
- Unemployment Insurance Claims: Where can I file?
- Recently laid off: What are my resources?
- DOL Sequestration Information
- Work Hours: Available information
- Overtime: When is it due to me?
- Breaks & Meal Periods: Do I get these?
- More Frequently Asked Questions
Latest News | Newsroom | DOL Newsletter | Reports | Videos
- Temporary reinstatement victory for California miner
- Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report
- DOL's OSHA seeks applications for $1.5 million in Susan Harwood safety and health training grants
- Vermont and Utah Job Corps students combine skills to create awards honoring service of US Labor Department employees
- Grants available from DOL to provide job training, employment services for 2,600 homeless veterans
Unemployment Insurance Initial Claims: 360,000 as of May 11, 2013
Unemployment Rate: 7.5% in April 2013
Consumer Price Index: -0.4% in April 2013
Payroll Employment: +165,000(p) in April 2013
Average Hourly Earnings: +$0.04(p) in April 2013
Producer Price Index: -0.7%(p) in April 2013
(p) preliminary; (c) corrected
- Compliance Assistance
- Disability Resources
- Doing Business with DOL
- elaws Employment Law Advisors
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Funding Opportunities
- Health Plans & Benefits
- International Labor Issues
- Job Corps
- Job Opportunities at DOL
- Labor Relations
- Leave Benefits
- Retirement Plans, Benefits & Savings
- Seasonal Employment
- Small Business Resources
- Spanish Language Resources
- Unemployment Insurance
- Veterans Employment
- Whistleblower Protection
- Work Hours
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Safety & Health
- Youth & Labor