ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Federal Contractor Requirements
The U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs published a Final Rule that makes changes to the regulations implementing Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 503 prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating in employment against individuals with disabilities, and requires these employers to take affirmative action to recruit, hire, promote, and retain these individuals. The Final Rule strengthens the affirmative action provisions of the regulations to aid contractors in their efforts to recruit and hire individuals with disabilities.
- OFCCP Website Provides updated information on OFCCP activities, including the Section 503 rulemaking process.
- Compliance Assistance Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as Amended Provides access to Section 503 and its regulations.
- Disability Nondiscrimination Law Advisor Helps employers determine whether Federal disability nondiscrimination laws and regulations, including Section 503, apply to their business or organization.
- Federal Contractor Compliance elaws Advisor Helps Federal contractors and subcontractors understand basic coverage and compliance information on all OFCCP laws and regulations, including Section 503.
- Guide for Small Businesses with Federal Contracts Offers guidance specifically for small business Federal contractors of subcontractors on how to comply with OFCCP laws and regulations, including Section 503.
- New Contractors' Guide Offers guidance specifically for new Federal contractors of subcontractors on how to comply with OFCCP laws and regulations, including Section 503.