- Labor, FAA, Coast Guard, FCC Report IT Mod Progress: U.S. Department of Labor Chief Information Officer Gundeep Ahluwalia shared with MeriTalk Labor’s progress in modernizing legacy IT systems. He referenced the digitization of the permanent labor certification process and new identity proofing technology.
- Benefits.gov Still Riding the E-Government Act Wave 20 Years Later: Benefits.gov provides critical benefits information to America's public. Director of Business Application Services, Mangala Kuppa, shared with Federal News Network about the website portal’s continuous evolvement under the guidance of the E-Government Act of 2002.
- Five Agencies Win $50.5M in New IT, Cyber, CX Investments: Labor received its fourth TMF award, and is slated to receive $15.2 million “to accelerate the implementation and deployment of a cloud-based security framework to provide connectivity, consistent security and optimized user experience to its employees, partners and the public.”
- New TV Show – Department of Labor | Salesforce | GSA: U.S. Department of Labor Chief Information Officer Gundeep Ahluwalia summed up to Fed Gov Today how the Department of Labor is making an impact and why we hosted Federal Tech Day 2023.
- A 'Sea Change' is Coming for Labor's Business Applications: Our Director of Business Application Services, Mangala Kuppa, explains to Federal News Network how Labor's business applications are using chatbots and artificial intelligence to drive the mission forward.
- Department of Labor’s Krista Kinnard Emphasizes Procurement Process as Prime Candidate for Streamlined Workflow: Krista Kinnard, director of innovation and engineering for OCIO, discussed how automation has helped government agencies improve the workflows of federal employees. She highlighted our procurement process and called it “ripe for automation.”
- ‘I Will Never Trust a Bot’: How the Labor Department Overcame Cultural Resistance to RPA: How do you turn skeptics into believers when it comes to Robotic Process Automation? OCIO’s Director of Innovation and Engineering Krista Kinnard shared how.
- Top Government Tech Leaders to Watch in 2023: Labor Department’s Gundeep Ahluwalia: Labor Department’s Gundeep Ahluwalia U.S. Department of Labor Chief Information Officer Gundeep Ahluwalia was named a top government tech leader to watch. He shared with Washington Exec the Department’s recent achievements and exciting initiatives.
- Accelerating Government with ACT-IAC – Episode 26: Tech & DEIA Opportunities: Listen to U.S. Department of Labor’s Chief Information Officer Gundeep Ahluwalia discuss Federal Tech Day 2023 with ACT-IAC and Federal News Network. He also detailed department efforts to enhance our federal IT scorecard and diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) efforts.
- Building a Broader IT Modernization Strategy: U.S. Department of Labor Chief Information Officer Gundeep Ahluwalia shared with FedScoop Labor’s efforts to collect, manage and analyze vast volumes of data securely in a multi-cloud operating environment.
- When Automation Out-delivers IT Modernization: Government leaders from federal and state agencies, such as Krista Kinnard from the U.S. Department of Labor, report automation has fast-tracked large-scale service improvements faster and at lower costs than big-ticket IT modernization projects.
- Announcing the 2023 Federal 100: Meet the 100 outstanding individuals being honored for going above and beyond in support of federal IT over the past year, including OCIO's Director of Infrastructure and Cloud Operations, Steve Davis.
- Data, Digital Services Will Drive Federal IT in 2023: A critical part of the digital transformation process starts with developing a customer experience (CX) mindset within the federal workforce. U.S. Department of Labor CIO, Gundeep Ahluwalia, reiterated the importance of prioritizing CX early in the product development process.
- Labor CTO Cites Critical Steps in Onboarding Emerging Tech: Sanjay Koyani, Chief Technology Officer at the U.S. Department of Labor, discussed how the department fosters a culture of innovation. He presented an example of how emerging technologies, such as automation and artificial intelligence (AI), can reduce administrative burden and deliver high-quality service for America's public.
- Technical Debt: The Cybersecurity Threat Hiding in Plain Sight
- Powering PMA Goals: Customer Experience
- Reducing Technical Debt at Federal Agencies
- Scoring the Cyber EO: Progress Seen, Still Much to Cover
- Federal Tech Leaders: ‘Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast’
- Chief Information Security Officer Paul Blahusch speaks with FedScoop about Federal Zero Trust
- Labor's OWCP Boosting CX With Digital Signatures
- There's Less Drudgery at the Labor Department Thanks to this Tech Chief
- Labor Department Emerging Tech Chief Among Sammies Award Winners
- NASA Achievement Headlines 'Sammies' Honors for Federal Workers
- CTO Sanjay Koyani spoke with Forbes about the department's data, AI and ML journey, as well as the department's focus on automating admin-based work
- TMF Invests in Improving Public-Facing Services, Bolstering Cybersecurity
- Can a New Data Strategy Help the Department of Labor Shape a More Inclusive Economy?
- DOL Working Through Over 200 Pitches as Part of Emerging Tech Program
- Chief Emerging Technology Krista Kinnard named a finalist for Public Service's Service to America Medals
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia joins FedScoop's Daily Scoop Podcast to discuss the relationship between human capital organizations and technology organizations
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia's joined FedScoop's IT Mod Talks to discuss the DOL's multi-pronged approach to funding IT modernization
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia has been honored as one of 2022’s Federal 100 for exceptional contributions to federal IT over the past year
- CTO Sanjay Koyani joined Meritalk to discuss OCIO's digital transformation plans in 2022
- NextGov covered CTO Sanjay Koyani's comments for the ATARC panel discussing subagency collaboration and its benefit to OCIO IT goals
- CISO Paul Blahusch spoke at the Advanced Technology Academic Research Center about cybersecurity threats in the cloud software supply chain
- CTO Sanjay Koyani joined MeriTalk to discuss how the TMF is an opportunity to advance modernization efforts
- FedTech covered CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia's comments on the Technology Modernization Fund
- GovCIO covered Chief of Emerging Technologies Krista Kinnard's comments at AI Gov regarding AI, data and the future of high-performance computing
- Chief of Emerging Technologies Krista Kinnard joined GovCIO's CyberCast to discuss how AI and data management improve national security
- Washington Technology covered CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia's comments on modernization goals of the cybersecurity executive order
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia and Michele Evermore joined Federal News Network to discuss department collaboration to improve unemployment insurance systems amidst a pandemic
- FedTech covered CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia's comments on the DOL's focus on new paths to modernization
- Federal News Network covered Chief of Emerging Technologies Krista Kinnard's remarks on OCIO's move to operationalize emerging technologies
- CISO Paul Blahusch joined FCW to detail DOL's Zero Trust implementation
- ExecutiveGov covered CISO Paul Blahusch's comments on DOL's Zero Trust implementation strategy
- Potomac Officers Club covered CISO Paul Blahusch's comments on DOL's approach to achieve Zero Trust
- Cyber Report covered CISO Paul Blahusch's comments on DOL's commitment to achieve Zero Trust
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia joined MeriTalk with insight on how Automation improves cybersecurity and increases productivity
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia joined a MeriTalk webinar to discuss how AI and Machine Learning can help integrate previously fragmented data
- Tech Register covered CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia's discussion with MeriTalk around automation, cybersecurity, and productivity
- OCIO's Kathy McNeill joined GovernmentCIO's Women Tech Leaders event to promote increased gender diversity in Federal IT
- G2Xchange covered Kathy McNeill's comments to GovernmentCIO promoting the importance of gender inclusivity in IT
- CompTIA covered Kathy McNeill's comments to GovernmentCIO promoting the importance of gender inclusivity in IT
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia named one of Washington Exec's Top 10 Government CIOs to watch in 2021
- Chief of Emerging Technology Krista Kinnard joined Government CIO to discuss the future of RPA
- G2Xchange covered Chief of Emerging Technology Krista Kinnard's comments to Government CIO on RPA's impact at DOL
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia is named one of FedScoop's "Best Bosses in Federal IT 2021"
- Director of IT Operations and Services Thomas Flagg joined MeriTalk to detail DOL's best-in-class Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions implementation
- DOL CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia joined CIO to roadmap ways IT reinvention can help leaders overcome obstacles
- Chief of Emerging Technology Krista Kinnard joined the Emerge 2021 conference to detail DOL's application of TMF funding toward data management and data analytics capabilities
- DOL was recognized by the 2021 CIO 100 Awards for its IT response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- DOL was awarded a $9.6 million TMF award to modernize enterprise data platform
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia joined MeriTalk to discuss DOL's rising FITARA Scorecard rating
- CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia joined MeriTalk's Resiliency Colloquium with input on the long-term outlook on IT modernization
- G2Xchange covered CIO Gundeep Ahluwalia's conversation at the Resiliency Colloquium around future of IT Modernization, Cloud
- DCIO Rick Kryger and OCIO Branch Chief Brandon Jubar were named to the 2021 Federal 100 List
- DCIO Lou Charlier joined FedTech Magazine to discuss OCIO's cloud migration and scaling RPA efforts
- DOL utilized a TMF award to accelerate the modernization of the Foreign Labor Application Gateway system
- DCIO Lou Charlier joined ReImagine Nation to discuss how automation and AI help DOL prevent cybercrime
- DCIO Lou Charlier joined Federal News Network's Executive Forum to discuss IT Modernization progress in govt.
- Emerging tech brings different results to Labor, Army, USCIS
- DOL's OCIO staff received four Stevie Awards for IT achievements and positive contributions to business