Employment and Pay Information from Former Non-Government Employers

OHR does not have access to your employment records from a private or non-government employer. To get a copy of your non-government employment/pay history, we recommend you visit your local Social Security Administration office or visit https://www.ssa.gov/.  You can request your Social Security Earnings Information and it will contain the names and addresses of your former employers along with your pay information for the years you specify in your request.

Former- and Non-DOL Federal Employees

The Department of Labor, like other federal agencies, only stores your employment records from federal employment and it only maintains that information while you are employed with the Department of Labor. Once you transfer to another agency, leave federal service or retire, your electronic Official Personnel Folder (OPF) is then either transferred to your new employing agency and must be requested from them, or it is transferred to the National Archives for storage. Through the archives, you can also request a copy of your Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), as well as any historical and deceased personnel files.   

Current DOL and Federal Employment Records

Current DOL employees can access their Official Personnel Folder (OPF) via the eOPF system on LaborNet. Other federal employees should have access to the eOPF system from their current employer. Corrections to your records should be discussed with your servicing personnel office. It is highly recommended that employees download a copy of their records regularly for their use.

Pay Records

Current federal employees can print earning and leave statements, create and delete pay deductions, review their FEHB and TSP information, and access their pay and tax information on the National Finance Center's Employee Personal Page (EPP). This system is available 24/7.