- Strengthened legislation related to children’s rights, including protections for child victims of commercial sexual exploitation.
- Established bilateral agreements to coordinate efforts addressing the cross-border movement of unaccompanied children.
- Developed educational facilities and social programs to reach children living in areas prone to the worst forms of child labor.
Challenges and Existing Gaps:
- Lack of authority for labor inspectorates to assess penalties.
- Minimum age protections do not extend to children working in the informal sector.
- Recruitment of underage children into national armies.