ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are Questions we receive often, and we hope they address your concern. If your Question is not addressed, please feel free to contact us at the email@example.com.
- Where can I find more information on specific disabilities or medical conditions?
- How many people with disabilities are there in the United States?
- How does the federal government define "disability"?
- What is the Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy?
- How many people with disabilities are working?
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
- What is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM)?
- Can organizations apply for grants from the Office of Disability Employment Policy?
- What is Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act?
- Are there any specific financial assistance programs or scholarships available for individuals with disabilities who want to go to college?
- What can I do if I am having difficulty with disability payments from my insurance company?
- I am a person with a disability. Where can I get information and financial assistance to start my own business?
- Can DOL's Office of Disability Employment Policy help people with disabilities find jobs?
- I'm a person with a disability and I would like to work for the federal government. How do I get a job with the government?
- I have recently become disabled and cannot do the work I had been doing in the past. Where can I get financial assistance for training or retraining?
- What can I do if I think my employer or supervisor is discriminating against me because of my disability?
- Does the Office of Disability Employment Policy give grants to individuals with disabilities?
- Is there anything that my employer must provide to help me do my job and accommodate my disability?
- Where can I access employers who have had successful experiences hiring people with disabilities?
- Where can employers find qualified applicants with disabilities?
- Are there any tax incentives for hiring people with disabilities?
- Where can I get information about making workplace accommodations?
- What are my obligations as an employer under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and where can I get technical assistance?
- Does ODEP have "disability awareness" materials that can be used for trainings and workshops for employers and other organizations?
- As a company, we're new to the disability arena. Where do we start?
- What can we do to enhance our services to customers with disabilities?