ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
The goal of ODEP's apprenticeship initiative is to increase systems capacity to provide integrated inclusive apprenticeship training to youth and young adults with a full range of disabilities, including those with the most significant disabilities, and to utilize the increased flexibilities detailed in DOL's newly released apprenticeship regulations.
To learn more about ODEP's Apprenticeship Initiative:
- Press Release announcing the cooperative agreement awards
- Training and Employment Notice
- Apprenticeship Issue Paper
- Introduction to the Apprenticeship Toolkit: Youth with Disabilities Entering the Workplace through Apprenticeship
- Module 1: Understanding Apprenticeship Basics
- Module 2: Preparing Youth and Young Adults for Apprenticeship Programs
- Module 3: Increasing the Participation of Young Adults with Disabilities in Apprenticeship Programs
- Module 4: Establishing New Apprenticeship Programs
- Module 5: What Apprenticeship Employers Need To Know About Working with Young Adults with Disabilities
- Module 6: Looking To Future Opportunities In Apprenticeship
- Job Corps DOL funded free education and training program to help youth earn a high school diploma or GED, learn career skills and maintain employment
- YouthBuild DOL funded youth and community development program that addresses a variety of issues facing low-income communities.