ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
America's wounded, ill and injured Veterans deserve a return to civilian life that respects their sacrifices and honors their right to live full, productive lives.
ODEP supports a number of initiatives to help Veterans and returning Service Members with disabilities understand training and employment services that may be available to them. Additionally, it provides educational resources to help employers hire and support wounded warriors.
The following resources offer helpful information for both Veterans with disabilities and employers:
- Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS) DOL agency that offers job-related assistance to Veterans, employers and service providers.
- National Resource Directory Connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans and their families with services and resources at the national, state and local levels. Employment section enables users to find a job, hire a Veteran and learn about employment laws and workplace supports and accommodations.
- Veterans Hiring Toolkit Interactive tool that educates employers who want to include Veterans and wounded warriors in their recruitment and hiring initiatives.
- Veterans Employment Resources List of resources related to Veterans employment issues provided by the Job Accommodation Network (JAN).
- America's Heroes at Work Addresses the employment challenges of returning Service Members living with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Dispels myths about invisible wounds of war and offers tools and resources for employers and the workforce development system.
- REALifelines: Veterans' Employment and Career Transition Advisor Helps wounded and injured Service Members and Veterans access valuable online resources and contact information for one-on-one employment assistance to help them transition into the civilian workforce.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Advisor Helps employers and employees understand their rights and responsibilities under USERRA and provides a notice that employers may post or distribute to fulfill their requirement to notify employees of their rights and benefits under the Act.
- Veterans' Preference Advisor Helps Veterans examine preferences they may be entitled to with regard to federal employment.
- e-VETS Resource Advisor Helps active duty personnel, Veterans, Reservists, National Guard members and their family members navigate Internet resources on job searching, employment openings, career assessment, education and training opportunities, and available benefits.
- You Have a Lot to Offer: Ten Points for Veterans to Consider When Returning to Work with a Disability A fact sheet highlighting some of the things Veterans should keep in mind as they re-enter the workforce.