Skip to page content
Office of Workers' Compensation Programs
Bookmark and Share

Division of Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation (DLHWC)

Claimant/Injured Worker Page

On This Page

This page is designed for Claimants/Injured Workers/Beneficiaries. You will find information about our program and services, what you need to know if you are injured, what benefits you are entitled, how to file a claim, and how to contact us if you need help about your claim.

Contact Us

What to do if you are injured - from Longshore Act Coverage & Benefits (Pamphlet LS-560)

  1. Notify your employer immediately. If you need medical treatment, ask your employer for a Form LS-1 , which authorizes treatment by a doctor of your choice
  2. Obtain necessary medical treatment as soon as possible.
  3. Give written notice of your injury within 30 days to your employer on Form LS-201 . Notice of death must also be given within 30 days. Additional time is provided for certain hearing loss and occupational disease claims. Contact your nearest OWCP district office for additional information regarding these types of claims
  4. File a written claim for compensation on Form LS-203 within one year after the date of injury or last payment of compensation, whichever is later. A claim for survivor benefits must be filed within one year after the date of death. The time for filing claims in certain occupational disease cases has been extended to two years

If you need additional information about your rights under this law, access the link provided below (from the official Longshore website) and contact the appropriate Longshore District Office.

Claims forms and additional information may be obtained at the links below.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Forms - below is a listing of Longshore forms that may be of interest to Claimants/Injured Workers

Form Number

OWCP's Form Title/Description


Request for Examination and/or Treatment


Pre-Hearing Statement


Approval of Compromise of Third Person Cause of Action


Report of Earnings


Notice of Employee's Injury or Death


Employee's Claim for Compensation


Claim for Death Benefits


Certification of Funeral Expenses


Application for Continuation of Death Benefit for Student


Claimant's Statement

Benefits and Claim Information