Division of Federal Employees' Compensation (DFEC)
- Overview (FECA Part 0) — Describes the organization of the OWCP and the Division of Federal Employees' Compensation.
- Mail and Files (FECA Part 1) — Addresses the jurisdiction of cases and the movement of mail and case files within the District Office. It also discusses how to create, maintain, transfer and retire case files.
- Claims (FECA Part 2) — Describes the procedures for adjudicating, paying, and managing claims; includes appeals process and other specialized topics.
- Medical (FECA Part 3) — Addresses medical services and supplies. It describes how medical examinations are arranged and the kinds of information medical reports should contain.
- Special Case Procedures (FECA Part 4) — Describes the procedures for adjudicating, paying, and managing claims of employees who are covered under the FECA by special legislation.
- Benefit Payments (FECA Part 5) — Contains the segment of Part 5 which governs adjudication and payment of medical bills under the FECA.
- Debt Management (FECA Part 6) — Addresses identification of overpayments under the FECA, issuance of preliminary and final decisions, and collection actions.
- Nurse Intervention (FECA Part 7) — Discusses DFEC's Nurse Intervention Program.
- Rehabilitation (FECA Part 8) — Discusses DFEC's Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
DFEC Bulletins, Circulars, Transmittals and Program Memoranda
OWCP Procedure Manual
- Vocational Rehabilitation (OWCP Part 3) — Discusses the vocational rehabilitation services available under the FECA and how these services are provided.
- Administration (OWCP Part 1) — Discusses the requirements of the Privacy Act and the Freedom of Information Act as they apply to claims under the jurisdiction of the OWCP. It also addresses how OWCP directives are issued.
- Planning and Evaluation (OWCP Part 4) — Discusses the OWCP's operational plans and reviews of district office performance.
- Chapter 4-300 (Accountability Reviews) — Revised July 2010
- Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act — Chapter 1-0400 (FOIA and Privacy Act) of the OWCP Procedure Manual. This chapter contains the provisions of the Privacy Act and FOIA and addresses the responsibilities of staff in ensuring rights granted under these acts.
OWCP Bulletins, Circulars, Transmittals