Family and Medical Leave in 2012
The nation now has two decades of experience with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). That experience including both employer workplace practices and employee leave taking patterns was described by earlier surveys of worksites and employees conducted by the Department of Labor in 1995 and in 2000. In 2012, Abt Associates conducted a third pair of surveys for the Department of Labor.
Study Reports are as follows:
- FMLA in 2012 Executive Summary (PDF)
- FMLA in 2012 Technical Report (PDF)
- FMLA Detailed Results Appendix (PDF)
- FMLA 2012 Methodology Report (PDF)
- FMLA 2012 Methodology Report Appendices (PDF)
A public-use file of data from the surveys is also available:
- Family and Medical Leave in 2012: Public Use File For Employers (Zip)*
- Family and Medical Leave in 2012: Public Use File For Employees (Zip)*
- FMLA 2012 Rev Public Use File Documentation (PDF)
- TA Materials for FMLA Revised PUF (PDF)
*Note: Please note that the Zip files are packaged SAS files that will not open without the appropriate statistical software.