Wage and Hour Division (WHD)
Davis-Bacon and Related Acts (DBRA) Frequently Asked Questions
- How do workers on a construction site know that a project is covered by the Davis-Bacon Act?- How do they know the prevailing wage to which they are entitled?
- Where can I obtain a copy of the General Wage Determination needed for a covered federal project?
- What is a wage determination?
- Is the rate on the wage determination the minimum hourly wage rate?
- How do I obtain a wage determination for a construction project to be performed at a location not covered by a published wage determination?
- Is it possible for more than one wage schedule to apply to specifications for a particular contract?
- As the contracting officer/Federal agency representative, what is my obligation when the wage determination(s) applicable to a construction project contains multiple wage schedules (for different counties and/or types of construction)?
- Once construction has begun, are the workers- wage rates affected when the wage determination for the area in which the project is located is changed?
- The wage determination applicable to my project does not contain a class of workers which is needed to complete construction.- Can other worker classification(s) and wage rate(s) be approved for use on the project?
- Can apprentices, trainees, and/or helpers work on a project covered by the Davis-Bacon or related Acts (DBRA), and what wage rates must they be paid?
- What wage rates must be paid to supervisory employees (foremen, superintendents, etc.) employed on a covered project?
- If it is believed that the rates on a wage determination are not accurate can the wage determination be appealed?