Green Job Webinars and Teleconferences
DOL’s Women’s Bureau is pleased to sponsor a series of webinars and teleconferences for workforce professionals designed to offer information and an exchange of ideas to help better connect women to green jobs training and green employment. This area of workforce development is an important part of preparing our nation to be competitive in the new economy.
Why is Green Good for Women?
The first webinar in the series, “Why is Green Good for Women?” took place on March 15 at 12:00 PM EDT. The panelists on this teleconference discussed opportunities for women in green occupations and key reasons for women to seek employment or career advancement in green jobs, including a personal story from a woman currently working in a green job.
Keep an eye out on the Women’s Bureau’s Web site, as well as here for information and registration on upcoming events!
- Women’s Entrepreneurship in Green Industries (April)
- Recruiting and Retaining Women (May)
- Women Working in Green Construction and Energy Efficiency (June)
- Women Working in Environmental Protection (July)
- Women Working in Alternative Energy Production, Storage & Distribution (July)
- Funding and Leveraging Resources (August)