RELEASE – TRANSMISSION OF REVISED MATERIAL TO BE INCORPORATED INTO THE FEDERAL (EEOICPA) PROCEDURE MANUAL: CHAPTER 1-0200, Processing Mail.
EEOICPA TRANSMITTAL NO. 14-03 August 2014
EXPLANATION OF MATERIAL TRANSMITTED:
This material is issued as procedural guidance to update, revise and replace Procedure Manual Chapter 1-0200, Processing Mail. This version incorporates changes that have arisen since the last publication of Chapter 1-0200, to include:
• Discusses the role of the Central Mail Room (CMR) in electronic imaging of records within the OWCP Imaging System (OIS)
• Outlines the duties of DEEOIC staff in electronic recordkeeping within OIS and the Energy Compensation System (ECS).
• Details procedural guidance regarding the handling of mail received in a DEEOIC office, and circumstances under which certain documentation is to be imaged into OIS locally.
• Includes procedures pertaining to the handling of physical evidence and portable media.
• Provides a list of Categories and Subjects into which documents are place into OIS as Exhibit 1.
Rachel P. Leiton
Director, Division of
Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation
File this transmittal behind Part 1 in the front of the new Unified Federal (EEOICPA) Procedure Manual.
Distribution: List No. 3: All DEEOIC Employees
List No. 6: Regional Directors, District Directors, Assistant District Directors, National Office Staff, and Resource Center Staff.