Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
Division of Federal Employees' Compensation (DFEC)
District Office 13 -- San Francisco
The Federal Employees' Compensation Act provides workers' compensation coverage to three million Federal and Postal workers around the world for employment-related injuries and occupational diseases. The Division of Federal Employees' Compensation (DFEC) adjudicates new claims for benefits and manages ongoing cases; pays medical expenses and compensation benefits to injured workers and survivors; and helps injured employees return to work when they are medically able to do so.
The San Francisco District Office is dedicated to the timely and accurate processing of Federal Workers' Compensation Claims in the states of: California, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, and Pacific Trust Territories.
Note: Individuals injured on the job while employed by private companies or state and local government agencies should contact their state workers’ compensation board.
Helpful Information and Links
- DFEC National Office Homepage
- When Injured at Work (for injured workers)
- Pub. 810 (for the employing agency)
- Law and Regulations
- Mailing Addresses and Location of District Office
- Pledge to our Customers
- Customer Service Points of Contact
- Calendar of Upcoming Local Events
- OWCP Forms
- FECA's Consolidated Bill Processing and Medical Authorization System
- Protecting Our Workers and Ensuring Reemployment (POWER) Initiative (FY2011 to FY2014)