Please note: As of January 20, 2017, information in some news releases may be out of date or not reflect current policies.
WB News Release: [04/26/2010]
Contact Name: Jennifer Kaplan or Treci Johnson
Phone Number: (202)693-5052 or 4658
Release Number: 10-0553-NAT
US Labor Department’s Women’s Bureau to host 2nd teleconference in series of 7 on women’s entrepreneurship in ‘green’ industries on Thursday, April 29
WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Labor’s Women’s Bureau will host a teleconference focusing on opportunities and resources available to help women succeed in green entrepreneurship. This program, which is open to the public and press, will be the second in a series of teleconferences designed to provide workforce practitioners an exchange of ideas on how to better connect women with green jobs training and employment.
WHO: Speakers are as follows:
- Sara Manzano-Díaz, director, Women’s Bureau, U.S. Department of Labor
- Christine Koronides, program analyst, Office of Capital Access, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Julie Abrams, executive director, Women’s Initiative for Self Employment
- Colleen Graber, project manager, Public Policy Associates Inc.
- Rebecca Lundberg, chief executive officer, Powerfully Green
- Laura Culin, president/chief executive officer, Austin Lumber
WHAT: Teleconference on opportunities and resources available to help women succeed in green entrepreneurship
WHEN: Thursday, April 29, 1 to 2:30 p.m. EDT
HOW: Interested press are requested to contact either of the Labor Department's press contacts listed above for call-in information.