Please note: As of January 20, 2017, information in some news releases may be out of date or not reflect current policies.
WB News Release: [03/10/2014]
Contact Name: Lindsay Williams
Phone Number: (404) 562-2078
Release Number: 14-0330-ATL
In honor of Women's Herstory Month, panel discussion on March 13 will be hosted by US Labor Department and YWCA of Greater Atlanta
ATLANTA The U.S. Department of Labor's Women's Bureau is collaborating with the YWCA of Greater Atlanta and the National Center for Civil and Human rights to host the event as part of Women's Herstory Month. "The Story Behind the Story: A Fireside Chat" will take place Thursday, March 13, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EDT at the Georgia Power Arkwright Auditorium, 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308. The free event is open to the public and the news media. Attendees can join the conversation on Twitter by using #HerStory.
The Fireside Chat will also feature a diverse panel of women leaders from the Atlanta community who have made remarkable contributions to the city, state and country. Award-winning journalist Maria Saporta will moderate the discussion. Panelists include:
- Helen Kim Ho, founding executive director of Asian American Legal Advocacy Center Inc. of Georgia;
- Hala Moddelmog, president of the Metro Atlanta Chamber;
- Alisha Thomas Morgan, state representative of the 39th district; and
- Aliya Naim, assistant program coordinator of The Carter Center's Democracy Program.
Paulette Norvel Lewis, special assistant to the director of the Women's Bureau; Emily Ellison, CEO of the YWCA of Greater Atlanta; and Deborah J. Richardson, executive vice president of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, will host the program.
The event is free to the public, and those interested in attending are encouraged to register for it. There are two ways to register:
- completing an online form at http://firesidechat2014.eventbrite.com/ or
- contacting Marlaina Guillaume at 404-562-2339 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the press planning to attend should contact Lindsay Williams at 404-562-2078.