ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Return-to-Work Toolkit: Information for Veterans and Wounded Warriors
Veterans and Wounded Warriors
For veterans or wounded warriors, reentering the workforce can present various challenges. These may include adjusting to disabilities acquired in service and the difference between military and civilian work cultures. Fortunately, numerous programs and resources are available to assist veterans and wounded warriors as they recover and reintegrate into their communities and workplaces. These include:
- Veterans Employment Resources Provides resources related to Veterans employment issues provided by the Job Accommodation Network (JAN).
- National Resource Directory Connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans and their families with services and resources at the national, state and local levels.
- America's Heroes at Work A step-by-step toolkit for employers interested in hiring veterans.
- Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS) Offers job-related assistance to Veterans, employers and service providers.
- Veterans' Employment and Career Transition Advisor Helps wounded and injured Service Members and Veterans access valuable online resources and contact information for one-on-one employment assistance to help them transition into the civilian workforce.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Advisor Helps employers and employees understand their rights and responsibilities under USERRA and provides a notice that employers may post or distribute to fulfill their requirement to notify employees of their rights and benefits under the Act.
- Veterans' Preference Advisor Helps Veterans examine preferences they may be entitled to with regard to Federal employment.
- e-VETS Resource Advisor Helps active duty personnel, Veterans, Reservists, National Guard members and their family members navigate Internet resources on job searching, employment openings, career assessment, education and training opportunities, and available benefits.
- Federal Government Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans Offers information about the Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA), a hiring preference that allows Federal agencies to appoint eligible veterans without competition.