ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Jill Houghton, President and CEO, USBLN, and Jennifer Sheehy, Deputy Assistant Secretary, ODEP, sign the Alliance agreement on September 20, 2016 (Photo credit: Lawrence Roffee Photography)
US Business Leadership Network
The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the US Business Leadership Network® (USBLN) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to promote the employment of people with disabilities. ODEP and the USBLN hereby form an Alliance to provide USBLN members and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that will help them to recruit, hire, and advance workers with disabilities. In developing this Alliance, ODEP and the USBLN recognize that ODEP and USBLN members are an integral part of this national effort.
Training and Education
- Disseminate training and education materials to USBLN members on issues of concern in order to advance the recruitment and employment of job candidates with disabilities.
- Work with ODEP to disseminate and share effective disability employment practices and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees.
- Work with ODEP to provide expertise on key industry issues as they pertain to the employment of people with disabilities.
Outreach and Communication
- Provide expertise in developing information on the advancement of employment of people with disabilities and in communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and ODEP's and the USBLN's Web sites) to employers.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at ODEP or USBLN events.
- Collaborate with other Alliance participants on employer issues that are identified through the Alliance Program.
- Identify activities that demonstrate, evaluate or replicate model disability employment strategies.
- Identify employer specific issues of concern to which the Alliance should direct particular attention and resources.
- Promote ODEP-funded technical assistance services, such as the Job Accommodation Network and the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion.
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to the advancement of employment for people with disabilities whenever USBLN leaders address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of employing people with disabilities and publicize their results.
- As appropriate, convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on employer leadership issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace on recruiting, hiring, retaining and promoting people with disabilities.
- Renewal agreement signed September 2014 (PDF)
- Disability Inclusion Gathering Department of Labor Newsletter