ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
UCLA Anderson School of Management
ODEP and EEP formed an Alliance to provide EEP participants, sponsoring organizations, and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that will help them advance employment opportunities for workers with disabilities. In developing this Alliance, ODEP and EEP recognize that ODEP and EEP associates and alumni are an integral part of this national effort.
The Alliance has the following goals:
Former Assistant Secretary Neil Romano, Dean Judy Olian, and Executive Education Assistant Dean Kelly Bean sign the Alliance agreement.
Outreach and Communication
- Provide expertise in developing information on the recruitment, retention, and advancement of people with disabilities and in communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and ODEPís and EEPís Web sites) to employers.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at ODEP or EEP events.
- Collaborate with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Training and Education
- Disseminate training and education materials to associates, program participants and sponsoring organizations on issues of concern in order to advance recruitment, retention, and advancement of individuals with disabilities.
- Disseminate and share effective employer policies and practices related to individuals with disabilities, along with information on how best to communicate such information to employers.
- Provide expertise on key industry issues as they pertain to the employment of people with disabilities.
- Identify and disseminate information on activities that demonstrate, evaluate or replicate model disability employment strategies.
- Promote ODEP-funded technical assistance services, such as the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) and the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN).
- Raise awareness of the importance of the employment of people with disabilities.
- Disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of career advancement of employees with disabilities.
- Participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on disability and employment to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace on recruiting, retaining, and advancing people with disabilities