ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
National Industry Liaison Group (NILG)
ODEP Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez, and Valerie Vickers, Chair of the NILG Board, sign the Alliance agreement.
ODEP and NILG will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Disseminate training and education materials related to the recruitment, hiring, retention, and advancement of individuals with disabilities to ILGs.
- Identify effective employer policies and practices related to workers with disabilities and disseminate to ILGs.
- Share employment expertise on effective practices to employ people with disabilities within key industries.
ODEP and NILG will work together to achieve the following technical assistance goals:
- Promote ODEP-funded technical assistance services, such as the Job Accommodation Network and the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion.
- Identify specific issues of concern among the federal contractor community to which the Alliance should direct particular attention and resources.
- Identify activities that demonstrate, evaluate or replicate model disability employment strategies.
ODEP and NILG will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop communication strategies on how best to communicate training and education materials and effective practices to federal contractors (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and ODEP's and the NILG's Web sites). Specific emphasis will be placed upon ensuring communications are provided in accessible format(s).
- NILG will participate at ODEP events and invite ODEP to participate in NILG events meetings, or other relevant events.
- Demonstrate commitment to employment of people with disabilities when addressing diversity and equal opportunity issues with ILGs and the federal contractor community.
- Develop and disseminate case studies from the federal contractor sector illustrating the business value of employing people with disabilities and publicize their results.
- Collaborate with other Alliance participants on employer issues, where appropriate, that are identified through the Alliance Program.
About the National Industry Liaison Group (NILG)
The National Industry Liaison Group (NILG) is the premier employer association on affirmative action and equal employment opportunity in the United States. They are a non-profit organization formed in 1992 for the main purposes of improving communications between the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and Industry Liaison Groups (ILGs); and, enhancing the quality and overall effectiveness of Industry Liaison Groups. The NILG Board supports approximately 61 ILGs, which are comprised of small, mid-size and large federal contractors and employers across the country. Local ILGs are in every Department of Labor (DOL) region. No other employer association has a broader base of constituents focused on EO/AA matters. Since its beginning, the NILG has continued to improve and enhance its structure, purpose, and membership, and has evolved to address new challenges and opportunities. For more information about NILG visit www.nationalilg.org.