ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
National Association of Governors' Committees on People with Disabilities
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OFFICE OF DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNORSí COMMITTEES ON
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (NAGC)
The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the National Association of Governorsí Committees on People with Disabilities (NAGC) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to promote the employment of people with disabilities. ODEP and NAGC hereby form an Alliance to provide NAGC members and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that will help them advance employment opportunities for workers with disabilities. In developing this Alliance, ODEP and NAGC recognize that ODEP and NAGC members are an integral part of this national effort.
ODEP and NAGC will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Disseminate information through ODEPís and NAGCís websites.
- Disseminate training and education materials to advance employment opportunities for people with disabilities at conferences and events.
- Disseminate information on conferences and events that advance employment for people with disabilities.
ODEP and NAGC will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Disseminate training and education materials to associates, program participants and sponsoring organizations on issues of concern in order to advance recruitment, retention, and advancement of individuals with disabilities.
- Disseminate and share effective employer policies and practices related to individuals with disabilities, along with information on how best to communicate such information to employers.
- Provide expertise on key industry issues as they pertain to the employment of people with disabilities.
ODEP and NAGC will work together to achieve the following technical assistance goals:
- Conduct activities to identify, document and disseminate effective, emerging or model disability employment strategies, policies, and practices.
- Collaborate to identify employment issues of concern to state and local partners, employers, and people with disabilities to which the Alliance should direct particular attention and resources.
ODEP and NAGC will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on the employment and advancement of people with disabilities:
- Raise awareness of the importance of the employment of people with disabilities.
- As appropriate, convene or participate in forums, information sharing discussions, focus groups, or stakeholder meetings on innovative employment solutions or on issues critical to state or local implementation of disability employment policies and practices.
ODEPís Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with ODEP for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on the employment of people with disabilities. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both ODEP and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, ODEP is not endorsing any products or services of that party; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting particular products or services of any party. .
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. Team members will include representatives of ODEPís Policy Teams, Research Division, Policy Communication and Outreach Division, and any other appropriate offices.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. Team members will include representatives of ODEPís Policy Teams, Education & Outreach Division, and any other appropriate offices.
The parties agree that any conference, seminar or related activity undertaken pursuant to this agreement will be memorialized in a separate agreement. In addition, any proposed jointly developed products, the use of the Department of Labor seal or agency logos, the use of registered trademarks(s) and related designs of the NAGC, and/or Department of Labor or NAGC press releases/advertisements related to the Alliance, will require advance review and approval by the Department and the NAGC.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate this agreement for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.
This agreement is not intended to legally bind the parties, nor is it intended to confer any right upon any private person.
Nothing in this agreement shall be interpreted as limiting, superseding or otherwise affecting either partyís normal operations or decisions in carrying out its statutory or regulatory duties. This agreement does not limit or restrict the parties from participating in similar activities or arrangements with other entities.
This agreement does not itself authorize the expenditure or reimbursement of any funds. Nothing in this agreement obligates the parties to expend appropriations or enter into any contract or other obligations.
|Office of Disability Employment Policy|
|National Association of Governorsí Committees on People with Disabilities|