US Customs and Border Protection
ODEP and CBP will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop information on best practices on employment of workers with disabilities within the Federal government and develop ways of communicating this information via print, electronic and social media.
- Develop outreach strategies to the disability community to increase awareness about CBP and the availability of job opportunities.
ODEP and CBP will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop and implement training materials to educate and support CBP managers on the goals and methods of hiring and retaining individuals with disabilities.
- Share effective employer policies and practices that have been developed and identified for hiring and retaining individuals with disabilities.
- Provide information on key Federal disability hiring issues.
ODEP and CBP will work together to achieve the following technical assistance goals:
- Identify activities that demonstrate, evaluate or replicate model Federal disability employment strategies.
- Identify issues of concern about disability employment to which the Alliance should direct particular attention and resources.
- Within CBP, promote ODEP-funded technical assistance services, such as the Job Accommodation Network and the Workforce Recruitment Program.
ODEP and CBP will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on the employment and advancement of people with disabilities:
- Raise awareness and demonstrate a commitment to employment and advancement of people with disabilities when addressing stakeholder groups within the Federal government.
- Participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on Federal hiring issues to help forge innovative solutions and best practices in support of the Federal Government as a model for the employment of individuals with disabilities.
About the US Customs and Border Protection
US Customs and Border Protection is one of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's largest and most complex components, with a mission of keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the US. It also has a responsibility for securing and facilitating trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of US regulations, including immigration and drug laws.