TransCen, Inc. leads the local consortium whose work empowers small businesses to work collectively to build the next generation workforce through jobs, paid internships, and mentoring for youth and young adults with disabilities.
Employers and youth/young adults with disabilities from the communities of Long Branch (Silver Spring), Bel Pre Road (Aspen Hill), and Gunners Branch (Germantown) within Montgomery County, Maryland will be given special consideration in the development of the Add Us In Maryland model. Montgomery County is a significant part of both the Washington Metropolitan Area and the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area.
Add Us In Maryland will:
- continually involve and assesses the changing needs of the business community
- utilize a business network that creates jobs and markets workforce training and services to other prospective businesses
- support employers in diversifying their workforce to include individuals with disabilities
- adapt and field-test an evidenced-based service delivery model with the emerging strategies of customized employment to increase the number and range of employment opportunities available to youth/young adults with disabilities
- provide services and replication products biased to the needs and circumstances of the employer as well as the job seeker.
Knowledge transfer is a key component of the Add Us In Maryland initiative. A comprehensive menu of high-quality products translating project findings into actionable strategies for adaptation and replication will be developed. Replication materials will be tailored to the specific and unique needs of key stakeholder groups--employers, youth, service providers, and reflect the perspectives of business owners and individuals with disabilities.
Add Us In Maryland. Advancing. Diversifying. Empowering Small Businesses.
- TransCen, Inc.
- Montgomery County Workforce Investment Board
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Montgomery County
- Hispanic Business Foundation of Maryland, Inc.
Saundra K. Hathaway
Chief Operating Officer
401 N. Washington Street, Suite 450
Rockville, MD 20850
301-424-2002 Ext. 221