98.200 - Debarment or suspension.
- Standard Number: 98.200
- Standard Title: Debarment or suspension.
- SubPart Number: B
- SubPart Title: Effect of Action
(a) Primary covered transactions. Except to the extent prohibited by law, persons who are debarred or suspended shall be excluded from primary covered transactions as either participants or principals throughout the executive branch of the Federal Government for the period of their debarment or suspension. Accordingly, no agency shall enter into primary covered transactions with such debarred or suspended persons during such period, except as permitted pursuant to 98.215.
(b) Loser tier covered transactions. Except to the extent prohibited by law, persons who have been debarred or suspended shall be excluded from participating as either participants or principals in all lower tier covered transactions (see 98.110(a)(1)(ii)) for the period of their debarment or suspension.
(c) Exceptions. Debarment or suspension does not affect a person's eligibility for:
(1) Statutory entitlements or mandatory awards (but not subtier awards thereunder which are not themselves mandatory), including deposited funds insured by the Federal Government;
(2) Direct awards to foreign governments or public international organizations, or transactions with foreign governments or foreign governmental entities, public international organizations, foreign government owned (in whole or in part) or controlled entities, and entities consisting wholly or partially of foreign governments or foreign governmental entities;
(3) Benefits to an individual as a personal entitlement without regard to the individual's present responsibility (but benefits received in an individual's business capacity are not excepted);
(4) Federal employment;
(5) Transactions pursuant to national or agency-recognized emergencies or disasters;
(6) Incidental benefits derived from ordinary governmental operations; and
(7) Other transactions where the application of these regulations would be prohibited by law.