97.11 - State plans.
- Standard Number: 97.11
- Standard Title: State plans.
- SubPart Number: B
- SubPart Title: Pre-Award Requirements
(a) Scope. The statutes for some programs require States to submit plans before receiving grants. Under regulations implementing Executive Order 12372, ``Intergovernmental Review of Federal Programs,'' States are allowed to simplify, consolidate and substitute plans. This section contains additional provisions for plans that are subject to regulations implementing the Executive Order.
(b) Requirements. A State need meet only Federal administrative or programmatic requirements for a plan that are in statutes or codified regulations.
(c) Assurances. In each plan the State will include an assurance that the State shall comply with all applicable Federal statutes and regulations in effect with respect to the periods for which it receives grant funding. For this assurance and other assurances required in the plan, the State may:
(1) Cite by number the statutory or regulatory provisions requiring the assurances and affirm that it gives the assurances required by those provisions,
(2) Repeat the assurance language in the statutes or regulations, or
(3) Develop its own language to the extent permitted by law.
(d) Amendments. A State will amend a plan whenever necessary to reflect: (1) New or revised Federal statutes or regulations or (2) a material change in any State law, organization, policy, or State agency operation. The State will obtain approval for the amendment and its effective date but need submit for approval only the amended portions of the plan.