Return to Table of Contents
Last revision: July 26, 1991
35.173 Voluntary compliance agreements.
(a) When the designated agency issues a noncompliance Letter of
Findings, the designated agency shall --
(1) Notify the Assistant Attorney General by forwarding a copy of
the Letter of Findings to the Assistant Attorney General; and
(2) Initiate negotiations with the public entity to secure
compliance by voluntary means.
(b) Where the designated agency is able to secure voluntary
compliance, the voluntary compliance agreement shall --
(1) Be in writing and signed by the parties;
(2) Address each cited violation;
(3) Specify the corrective or remedial action to be taken, within
a stated period of time, to come into compliance;
(4) Provide assurance that discrimination will not recur; and
(5) Provide for enforcement by the Attorney General.