Civil Rights Center
Section 188 WIOA Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Regulations NPRM Discussion Video
Learn more about the proposed update...
New: Promising Practices in Achieving Universal Access and Equal Opportunity for Individuals with Disabilities
Latest Events and News
CRC Proposes Updated Section 188 WIOA Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Regulations (29 CFR Part 38)
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Civil Rights Center announces the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking updating the Section 188 WIOA Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Regulations (29 CFR Part 38). The proposed update would ensure the entire workforce system is aware of current equal opportunity rights and responsibilities of beneficiaries and recipients.
State Responsibilities for Ensuring Access to Unemployment Insurance Benefits
The U.S. Department of Labor has issued a directive that, for the first time, clarifies that federal unemployment insurance and civil rights laws require meaningful access to the UI system. The directive specifically details the obligations of the states to ensure ready access to UI benefits for all workers, including specific categories of workers who are at greatest risk of being denied access to benefits based on overly restrictive automated systems.
NPRM on religious liberty protections to participants in federally-funded job training programs
US Labor Department proposes rule extending religious liberty protections to participants in federally-funded job training, social service programs.
Section 188 Disability Reference Guide
Promising Practices in Achieving Universal Access and Equal Opportunity: A Section 188 Disability Reference Guide provides updated information and technical assistance to help American Job Centers/One-Stops meet the nondiscrimination and accessibility requirements for individuals with disabilities in Section 188 of the Workforce Investment Act and its implementing regulations.
Civil Rights Center
- About Internal Enforcement
- Hot Topics
- Guidance from the EEOC on Processing Complaints of Discrimination by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Federal Employees
- How to file an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaint
- Your Election Rights Following An Investigation (PDF)
- Statutes, Regulations and Policies
- Reasonable Accommodation Resource Center
- Regional and National Office EEO Counselors
- Resources for Employees with Concerns about Improper Conduct in the DOL Workplace
How to file an Equal Opportunity Complaint
- How to file an EO Complaint
- Cómo presentar una queja (Spanish)
- Kako Podneti Žalbu Protiv Diskriminacije (Bosnian)
- Как подать жалобу о нарушении равенства прав человекаe (Russian)
- 公平機會申訴 (Chinese)
- Cách Nộp Đơn Khiếu Nại về Phân Biệt Đối Xử (Vietnamese)
- Formulaire de plainte (French)
- نموذج معلومات الشكوى (Arabic)
- Formulário de informações de reclamação (Portuguese)
- Form ng Impormasyon sa Reklamo (Tagalog)
- 불만신고서 (Korean)