Skip to page content
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management
Bookmark and Share

Frequently Asked Questions - Equal Employment Opportunity

Question: How does an applicant for a job with the Department of Labor file an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaint?

Answer: If an applicant for a job with the Department of Labor believes that he or she was discriminated against in the job application or selection process, the applicant should contact: Coordinator of Counselors, Civil Rights Center, (202) 693-6548.

Information will be provided about the process and an EEO Counselor will be assigned in accordance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations. Written complaints may be mailed to: U.S. Department of Labor/OASAM/Civil Rights Center, Room N-4123, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20210. It is important to note, however, that an EEO complaint must be raised within 45 days of the date of the alleged discriminatory event or the complaint may be dismissed as untimely. Further information on the regulations governing the federal sector EEO complaint process can be found at on the EEOC Web site.