The Department of Labor created a new toolkit to inform workers about their right to organize, their right to collective action, and their right to form a union.
The toolkit seeks to provide information about unions, organizing and collective bargaining, all of which are important tools that help support the Department of Labor's mission to protect workers. By ensuring workers are educated about their right to form and join unions, the Department can better achieve its mission to foster, promote, and develop the welfare of wage earners, job seekers, and retirees.
Unions help the Department of Labor fulfill its mission to protect the health, safety, wages and retirement security of working Americans. Workers represented by unions feel safer voicing concerns about workplace safety and health, wage theft and other violations of worker protections. Unions help enforce workers' legal rights. Supporting workers as they try to form unions helps the department's ability to carry out its mission.
We hope you find the following resources helpful in your community:
- DOL Social media resources including downloadable graphics
- Printable handouts in PDF form:
- Worker.gov website
- Unions 101 - Worker Organizing Resource and Knowledge (WORK) Center
- Blog Post: You Have the Right to Form and Join a Union
- Blog Post: Workers Want to Organize, and We Have Resources to Help