Ombudsman for the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program
A Message from the Ombudsman
- Arizona June 2016 Presentation (PPT)
- The 2014 Annual Report to Congress (PDF)
- Joint Outreach Task Group Meeting Presentation, Orlando & Tampa, FL (PPT)
- OWCP's response to the Ombudsman's 2013 Annual Report to Congress (PDF)
- Special Exposure Cohort Brochure (PDF)
- Commonly Used Abbreviations
- Legislation Creating the Office of the Ombudsman
- OWCP/EEOICP Part E
- OWCP/EEOICP's Resource Centers
- Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health
Welcome to the Office of the Ombudsman for the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program! Congress created the Office of the Ombudsman in October 2004 to provide information and to address the concerns of claimants and potential claimants relating to the benefits available under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA). The Office also submits an Annual Report to Congress in which we set forth the numbers and types of complaints, grievances, and requests for assistance received by the Office and provide an assessment of the most common difficulties encountered by claimants and potential claimants during the year.
We encourage claimants and potential claimants who have comments or questions concerning the EEOICPA to contact our Office. In addition, our staff travels around the country to meet with claimants and potential claimants to hear their concerns and to assist them with their claims. Please let us know what we can do to help.
This Web site is a work in progress as we strive to make it a resource for EEOICPA claimants. We hope that you find it useful. We look forward to speaking with you.