Frequently Asked Questions
- Who may file an appeal to ECAB?
- How do I file an appeal?
- How will I know that ECAB has received my appeal?
- If I decide to file an appeal, when should I file the appeal?
- What happens after an appeal is filed?
- May I submit new evidence to the Board on appeal?
- May I exercise appeal rights before OWCP and the Board at the same time regarding the same issue in a case?
- May I present my case to the Board in person?
- How long does it take for the Board to issue a decision?
- May I appeal the Board’s decision?
- What is the Board’s mailing address and telephone number?
- Can I file an appeal online?
- Can I determine the status of my appeal online?
- Are Board decisions available online?
- May I obtain legal advice from the Board?
- The Board found in my favor, but OWCP won’t pay me. How can I get the Board to force OWCP to comply?