YouthRules! - What Teens Are Saying
- Construction: Showing initiative at work is highly valued, but Jay was too anxious to show the guys at his weekend construction job that he could do more than the law allows.
- Doing too Much: Stanley was determined to find out when, how, and under what conditions it's right to say "no" on the job.
- Employer: For Mr. Clark, being a tough store manager isn't good business unless he's equally committed to respecting the teenagers who work for him.
- Field Work: There are different rules for workers in agriculture, but Ben was sure that the law had to protect people like him and his family.
- Overtime: Alison, Hannah, and Randi knew that their rights were being violated at work, found out what they could do about it, and took action.
- Parent: Ms. Banks remembers what it is like to be a teenager with a new job and hopes she can help her daughter as she balances work, school, and her social life.
- Restaurant: Kyo decided to show that quitting was not an option for her.
- Teacher: Lindsay liked her job, but she quickly realized that at her age it's not the most important thing.
- Too Many Hours: Lindsay liked her job, but she quickly realized that at her age it's not the most important thing.