Photo Gallery: Congressional Caucus Hispanic Institute Welcome Reception for Members of the 113th Congress
(January 3, 2013)
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) held a swearing-in and welcome reception for the Hispanic American Members of the 113th Congress on Jan. 3 at Union Station. Vice President Biden and Dr. Jill Biden participated in the ceremony, as well as Secretary of Labor L. Hilda L. Solis.
- Secretary Solis shared her experience as a former member of Congress and currently as the first Latina to head the Labor Department.
- Hundreds of people listened to Secretary Solis speak about her humble upbringing and her determination to serve the public.
- Vice President Biden provides remarks before conducting the swearing-in ceremony for the Hispanic members of the 113th Congress.
- Senator Bob Menendez gives remarks and introduces Secretary Solis at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 3.
- Mariachi Juvenil Azteca played the national anthem at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 3 at Union Station.
- Jose Diaz-Balart, Telemundo's national news anchor and national director of public affairs, was the evening's master of ceremony for the CHCI on Jan. 3 at Union Station.