Photo Gallery: Department of Labor Salute to Veterans
(November 15, 2012)
- The Salute to Veterans program began with the ceremonial Posting of the Colors by a military honor guard.
- Secretary Solis makes opening remarks in the department’s auditorium prior to panel discussion on why employers should hire veterans.
- Secretary Solis noted that the Department of Labor employs more than 3,000 veterans.
- Members of the veterans panel, from left: Ismael Ortiz Jr., Wilma Vaught, Chris Marvin, James Lander, Chauntay Green, and Miguel Cumbo.
- Ismael Ortiz Jr., deputy assistant secretary of labor for the Veterans' Employment and Training Service, and Wilma Vaught, retired U.S. Air Force brigadier general and president of the board at Women in Military Service for America Memorial Foundation, share a light-hearted moment.
- Chris Marvin, center, is a U.S. Army veteran and director of the veterans hiring initiative for the Got Your 6 campaign.
- James Lander, center, U.S. Navy reservist and head of Goodwill Industries' veterans and family member services.
- Chauntay Green, U.S. Air Force veteran and federal contract employee, and Miguel Cumbo, U.S. Air Force veteran and Department of Labor employee.
- Vincent Boncich, Military Fellow at Department of Labor, makes opening remarks.
- Members of the audience at the 2012 Salute to Veterans held by the Department of Labor.