Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis discusses Latino Workforce in Hartford
(Sept. 21, 2012)
- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis is greeted by the Mayor of Hartford, Connecticut Pedro Segarra as the "The Economy and the Latino Workforce: A Conversation on Education and Training" was about to commence on Sept. 21 at Capital Community College.
- Secretary Solis addresses Latino leaders about the importance of education and job training for the advancement of the American economy. To Secretary Solis' left is the Mayor of Hartford, Connecticut Pedro Segarra and a student leader attending Capital Community College.
- At the podium, Director of Social Service Programs and Professor of Sociology at Capital Community College Dr. Josiah Ricardo, hears Secretary Solis' response on how to keep young Latinos engaged in higher education.
- Close to 80 Latino leaders in Hartford, Connecticut participate in a dialogue headed by Secretary Solis on "The Economy and the Latino Workforce: A Conversation on Education and Training," on Sept. 21 at Capital Community College.
- Secretary Solis talks about Labor Department job training programs available across the country and encourages the audience to learn more about the opportunities and to share the information with the community.