Photo Gallery: Labor Rights Week
(August 30, 2012)
- Participating in a New York City event to kick-off Labor Rights Week, Diana Cortez, OSHA Region 2 Hispanic Coordinator, Marthe Kent, OSHA Regional Administrator for Region 1, Robert Kulick, OSHA Regional Administrator for Region 2, Carlos M. Sada, Consul General of Mexico, George Ference, WHD Regional Administrator for the Northeast Region, Reverend Patrick Keating, Catholic Migration Services, andRicardo Morales, First Deputy Comptroller, NYC Office of the Comptroller.
- Joining DOL leaders to commemorate the start of Labor Rights Week are Rodrigo d'Araujo Gabsch, Deputy Consul General of Brazil, George Ference, WHD Regional Administrator for the Northeast Region, Ambassador Jose Luis Perez Gabilondo, Consul General of Argentina, Julio Fiol, Consul General of Chile, Sandra M. Cruz de Flores, Consul General of El Salvador, Diana Cortez, Hispanic Coordinator for Region 2, Carlos M. Sada, Consul General of Mexico, Marthe Kent, OSHA Regional Administrator for Region 1, Reverend Patrick Keating, Catholic Migration Services, Maria Luz Zyriek, Consul General of Guatemala, Francisco Quezada, Consul General of Honduras, Robert Kulick, OSHA Regional Administrator for Region 2, Ricardo Morales, First Deputy Comptroller General for the City of New York, Guadalupe Barberena, Consulate General of Nicaragua.
- Labor Rights Week kicks-off at an event in Las Vegas where Mike Rosales (right), an OSHA compliance safety and health officer, speaks with a local worker.
- Wage & Hour Division Deputy Administrator Nancy Leppink greets Ana Luisa Faher Flores of the Mexican Consulate in St. Paul, Minnesota, at a special event commemorating Labor Rights Week.
- Deputy Administrator Leppink and Ms. Flores sign agreements reaffirming the partnership between our countries promoting worker rights.
- Mauricio Ibarra Ponce de León (left) of the Mexican Consulate in Albuquerque, NM, and Wage & Hour Division District Director George Watkins participate in a partnership renewal signing ceremony to kick-off Labor Rights Week on. During the ceremony, Director Watkins expressed the significance of the partnership and Wage and Hour's commitment in assisting vulnerable workers.
- WHD Regional Administrator Ruben Rosalez and other DOL officials at a ribbon cutting event in Los Angeles kicking off Labor Rights Week.
- Univision's phone bank in San Francisco appears in full force during Labor Rights Week. Callers reached out to experts to seek information and help on labor rights.