Photo Gallery: Pat Shiu Road Trip
(August 8, 2012)
- Mike Kinger, General Manager of the Lowe's Distribution Center in Pittston, PA, shares a success story about a disability employment program that's working at his company. Mike was one of the featured guests at OFCCP's celebration of the 22nd anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act at the Community College of Allegheny County in Pittsburgh on July 26, 2012.
- Leaders representing vulnerable worker groups – such as immigrants, language minorities, taxi workers, and victims of child trafficking – share stories about the challenges they face with OFCCP Director Pat Shiu during a roundtable meeting at the Folk-Arts Cultural Treasures Charter School in Philadelphia on July 27, 2012.
- OFCCP Director Pat Shiu and Mid-Atlantic Regional Director Michele Hodge meet with members of the Philadelphia Mayor's Commission on Asian American Affairs and other community leaders at the Philadelphia Department of Commerce on July 27, 2012.
- Sara Manzano-Diaz, former Director of the Women's Bureau and current Regional Administrator for the General Services Administration, hosts a roundtable for OFCCP Director Pat Shiu with leaders from the Latino community at GSA's Mid-Atlantic headquarters in Philadelphia on July 27, 2012.
- OFCCP Director Pat Shiu greets Ginger Jee, a counselor from Advocacy and Empowerment for the Disabled. Ms. Jee was one of more than 120 participants at a disability awareness forum hosted by OFCCP at the Jacob K. Javits Federal Building in New York City on July 30, 2012.
- At a celebration of female veterans, OFCCP Director Pat Shiu recognized the veterans in the audience and thanked them for their service to the country. The celebration was held at the John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, on July 31, 2012.
- OFCCP Regional Director Michele Hodge (left) and Director Pat Shiu (right) visit a construction site following a meeting with numerous stakeholders – contractors, unions, apprenticeship program coordinators, local government agencies, and community-based organizations – who are successfully collaborating on the CT FastTrack transit project. The event and site visit took place in New Britain, CT, on August 1, 2012.
- Women's Bureau Regional Director Jacqueline Cooke (center) welcomes OFCCP Director Pat Shiu (right) and Regional Director Michele Hodge (left) to a forum on women's employment and closing the pay gap. The meeting was held at the John F. Kennedy Federal Building in Boston, MA, on August 2, 2012.
- At a town hall meeting focused on improving minority employment in construction, OFCCP Director Pat Shiu takes questions from the audience. The meeting was held at the Whaling Museum in New Bedford, MA, on August 2, 2012.
- OFCCP District Director Mary Ellen Bentivogli emcees a celebration of the 22nd anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act at The Olmsted Center for Sight in Buffalo, NY, on August 3, 2012.
- OFCCP Director Pat Shiu (right) and her Special Assistant Parag Mehta (left) embarked on a 10-day, eight-city, five-state tour across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions of the country.