Secretary Solis delivers Keynote at CAP Event
(August 7, 2012)
- Secretary Solis gives a keynote speech at the Center for American Progress at the 'Ensuring that the Ladder of Opportunity Remains Strong for the Latino Community' event.
- Secretary Solis talks about the economy and President Obama's report on the Latino community, 'An America Built to Last: President Barack Obama's Agenda and the Hispanic Community.'
- More than 100 attended the Center for American Progress' event, 'Ensuring that the Ladder of Opportunity Remains Strong for the Latino Community.'
- The Secretary met prior to delivering her remarks with (from the Secretary's left) Assistant Administrator for Women's Business Ownership Ana Harvey; Associate Director of the Office of Public Engagement at the White House, Julie Rodriguez; Director of Progress 2050 with the Center for American Progress, Vanessa Cardenas; Chief Economist at the U.S. Department of Labor Adriana Kugler; and the department's Director of the Office of Public Engagement Gabriela Lemus.
- Winnie Stachelberg, executive vice president for the Center for American Progress introduces Secretary of Solis.