(August 6, 2012)
- YouthBuild students, project partners, and community members gather in front of the newly renovated property. More than 125 students participated in the renovation process over the course of 18 months.
- Per tradition, the completed house was celebrated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring project partners, student speaker Ciera Russum, and 8th District City Councilwoman Since the program's founding in 1992, YouthBuild Philadelphia students have rehabilitated 80 homes throughout the city.
- YouthBuild Executive Director Simran Sidhu addresses the crowd.
- More than 100 people - neighbors, staff, students, partners - attended the ribbon-cutting.
- The house, prior to renovations, stood out as an eyesore in the neighborhood.
- Ciera Russum, Class of 2012, at the Greene St. site during the renovation process earlier this year.
- The interior today. Many of the products used to renovate the home - even the carpet - are made from recycled materials to minimize the house's environmental impact.