Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Visits the Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans in Minneapolis
(July 20, 2012)
- David Seay, assistant state director of VETS in Minnesota (next to the Secretary), introduces Secretary Solis to Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans in Minneapolis Program Director Nathaniel Saltz.
- Secretary Solis, led by MACV's Metro Regional Director Jimmy Collier, tours the gardens of the VA Medical Center.
- Secretary Solis discusses the challenges of homelessness with (from left) Nathaniel Saltz; Steve Saari, regional director in Duluth, Minn.; David Seay, Leroy Namen, former MACV client and Special Advisor to MACV Board of Directors; James Rice, former MACV client; Doran Hocker, MACV Case Manager; and Jimmy Collier.
- Secretary Solis speaks to a Minneapolis audience about department and administration efforts to reduce homelessness among veterans. Behind her are Leroy Namen(lef) and James Rice.
- Secretary Solis is presented with a MACV coin in thanks for the department's assistance with job training for veterans. From left: Doran Hocker, James Rice, Leroy Namen, Kevin Tendall (MACV Employment Coordinator), Jimmy Collier, Cindy Larson (MACV Metro Housing Manager), David Seay, Secretary Solis, Nathaniel Saltz and Michele Hickman (MACV Case Manager).