Photo Gallery: EBSA Forum, Atlanta, Ga.
(April 28, 2012)
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Employee Benefits Security Administration Michael Davis introduces the first panel.
- President of Spelman College, Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum welcomes the audience and panelists during the African Americans and Retirement: What You Should Know Before it's Too Late forum.
- Phyllis C. Borzi, assistant secretary of Labor for Employee Benefits Security answers audience questions during the April 28 event.
- Dorothy Brown, professor of Law at Emory University, stressed the importance of saving for retirement, no matter how much one is able to save each month.
- Naomi Karp of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau discussed ways that consumers can keep their savings safe in the retirement marketplace.
- Members of the audience had an opportunity to ask questions following each of two panel.
- Moderator M. Alexis Scott, Publisher of the Atlanta Daily World, listens as Phyllis C. Borzi answers audience questions.
- Brian Smiley, Partner, Smiley Bishop & Porter LLP and Director, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) discusses common pitfalls in the retirement marketplace.
- Vickie Elisa, Director of Community Education (Atlanta), Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER) explains challenges facing women saving for retirement.
- The second of two panels focused on issues facing women saving for retirement. Here, Assistant Secretary for EBSA Borzi talks with Vickie Elisa and Brian Smiley. Moderator M. Alexis Scott listens in from the far left.