Photo Gallery: Sec. Solis, German Labor Minister Ursula von der Leyen - Making a Comeback: A Return To Jobs and Growth
(April 19, 2012)
- Bertelsmann Foundation President Gunter Thielen introduces the panel 'On the Job-Working for Reforms' that included (left to right) Moderator Ed Luce of Financial Times, Secretary Hilda Solis and German Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Ursula von der Leyen.
- In response to a question on labor markets, Solis talked about her department's training programs that provide for a career instead of merely a job while addressing the skills sought by entrepreneurs.
- Solis and von der Leyen both share a laugh when moderator addresses them as 'women at the top of their game.'
- The panel listens to questions posed by a participant in an audience of more than 200 individuals.
- On the issue of gender, Solis talked about how the Obama Administration's initiatives were bringing back jobs in manufacturing and related industries.
- Luce and Solis listen as Minister von der Leyen discusses the impact of Germany's school system on working women.
- Minister von der Leyen and Secretary Solis pose for photograph following a brief meeting.