Photo Gallery: White House Asian American Pacific Islander Event
(April 2, 2012)
- Secretary Solis, Kiran Ahuja (left), executive director of White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and Patricia Shiu, director of Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs joined Red Baraat (South Asian/New Orleans-style brass band) at the reception for the National Philanthropic Briefing on the AAPI community.
- Secretary Solis spoke about the contributions of the AAPI community and the department's commitment to continue working with the community to ensure access to federal resources.
- Secretary Solis was joined by Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to the president, at the reception.
- Secretary Solis, Chris Lu, assistant to the president and White House cabinet secretary, and Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to the president, spoke at the reception for the National Philanthropic Briefing on the AAPI community.
- OSHA Chief of Staff Debbie Berkowitz (far right) participates on a panel on public/private partnerships at the White House AAPI National Philanthropic Briefing with (l to r) Sunaree Marshall from the White House Initiative on Asian American and Pacific Islanders; Patrick McCarthy, president and CEO of the Annie E. Casey Foundation; and Stewart Sarkozy-Banoczy, acting director of the Office of International and Philanthropic Innovation at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.