Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis at Loyola
(March 22, 2012)
- Secretary Solis and Earvin 'Magic' Johnson, Jr. chatted backstage before their participation at the White House Urban Economic Forum.
- Secretary Solis spoke at the White House Urban Economic Forum at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.
- Magic Johnson shared his experiences as a successful entrepreneur.
- Secretary Solis engaged in dialogue on urban entrepreneurship and the administration (and DOL's) efforts to address the employment situation for African-Americans and Latinos.
- Secretary Solis and Magic Johnson participated in an 'armchair' discussion on urban entrepreneurship moderated by John Corrigan, business editor from the Los Angeles Times.
- Approximately 500 small business owners and community-based organizers attended the White House Urban Economic Forum.
- Secretary Solis listened as Magic Johnson took questions from the audience.
- Secretary Solis responded to a question from the audience about the Department of Labor's efforts to address unemployment in the African-American and Latino communities.
- Secretary Solis and Magic Johnson participated in a lively discussion hosted by the White House Business Council, the US Small Business Administration, and the City of Los Angeles.