Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis in Selma, Alabama
(March 6, 2012)
- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis delivers the keynote address at the Day Four rally on the 47th Anniversary of the Reenactment of the Selma to Montgomery March.
- Secretary Solis presented with SEIU t-shirt at the Jackson-Steele Community Center's 'Unite To Fight' rally in White Hall, Ala.
- Secretary Solis stresses her commitment to both the labor movement and equal rights for all workers while speaking at the Jackson-Steele Community Center, White Hall, Ala.
- Secretary Solis and Rev. Al Sharpton listen to speakers during the 'Unite To Fight' rally in White Hall, Ala.
- Secretary Solis addresses the 'Unite To Fight' rally at the Jackson-Steele Community Center in White Hall, Ala.
- Secretary Solis meets with Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson prior to Thursday's march from Selma to Montgomery.
- More than 700 activists from diverse backgrounds gathered for the 'Walking for Immigrants Rights' march.
- Secretary Solis kicked-off the event saying: Let's march arm-in-arm, mano y mano, for the justice our forefathers wanted us to have.
- From L to R: Eliseo Medina, SEIU Secretary-Treasurer; Secretary Solis; Reverend Al Sharpton; Arlene Holt Baker, AFL-CIO Executive Vice President; Dolores Huerta, farmworker rights icon; and Reverend Jesse Jackson.
- As part of the 47th Anniversary of the Reenactment of the Selma to Montgomery March, the energetic crowd held signs and chanted during the historic walk.
- The peaceful demonstration could be seen for miles down the road.
- The group gathered at Mile Marker 119 along the historic route from Selma to Montgomery.
- Immigration leaders & activists also brought their children to take part in the ceremonial event for civil rights.