Photo Gallery: Dr. Biden, Sec. Solis Tour Wytheville CC
(February 23, 2012)
- Dr. Charlie White, President of Whytheville Community College in Southwestern Virginia welcomed the Community College to Career Tour for the final stop of a long second day.
- Dr. Jill Biden speaks during the evening roundtable discussion in Wytheville Community College's library.
- Secretary Solis talks about the importance of developing partnerships between community colleges and local employers. WCC was recently named by the Aspen Institute as one of the top 10% of all two year institutions, and has worked with the local Gatorade Blue Ridge bottling plant to provide online training for employees.
- Carolyn Dankowski (right), plant manager of the Blue Ridge Gatorade facility credits the flexibility and willingness of Wytheville Community College to quickly create training programs for employees as one of the main reasons the plant has been so successful. At 950,000 square feet, the Blue Ridge facility is the largest food and beverage site in the world to achieve LEED Gold status.
- Secretary Solis listens in as Gatorade employees talk about the flexible training options available through WCC where the Workforce Development Center created a curriculum for Gatorade's line technicians and also helped to designing industrial maintenance training for Gatorade's associates.